[Howm-eng 4] Elisp hyperlinks to action-lock rules

Back to archive index

Eduardo Ochs eduar****@fastm*****
Wed Jul 13 15:17:58 JST 2005

As there's very little documentation in English I'm trying to
understand howm's action-lock rules work by reading the source
code and inspecting the data structures.

I can't understand how "\")"s get fontified with action-lock-face
and how to use them - or even if they're really links. Any hints?

I'm using things like these to inspect action-lock rules:

  ;; (fundamental-mode)
  ;; (howm-mode)
  (describe-variable 'action-lock-rules)
  (find-evardescr 'action-lock-rules)
  (find-evardescr 'action-lock-rules "<<<")
  (find-evardescr 'action-lock-rules ">>>")
  (find-evardescr 'action-lock-rules "howm-keyword-search")

For some of the rules I'm being able to create some hackish notes
about how they work, including sexps equivalent to them - I can post
my notes in a few days, when they get cleaner -, but most of the
action-lock rules are still quite obscure to me...

  Cheers & whatevers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/

--