[Mingw-users] Sources of crt*.o

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Sat Dec 22 18:11:22 JST 2018

On 22/12/18 08:32, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Both [__register_frame_info and __deregister_frame_info] seem to be
>> defined, as weak symbols, in crtbegin.o:
>
> Right.  Can you tell more about this?  Why are they weak symbols?  The
> GCC sources say something about Java and libgcj.a, but I don't think I
> understand that.

I don't, either.

> Does that mean these symbols will only be resolved in Java programs,
> and are provided only for Java?

I don't know.  I do note that the original source file was contributed
by Danny Smith, who hasn't been an active participant for several years
now, AFAIK; perhaps someone else among the GCC developers could clarify?
 I've never observed any issue, relating to either of these symbols, but
if you can formulate a minimal failing test case, perhaps it would be
worthwhile to submit a GCC bug report?

--
Regards,
Keith.